As there is no native way to migrate the content from Tenant to Tenant for Microsoft Teams we need to use a paid toolset to get the data moved over.
In this tutorial I am continuing the migration path we have as a theme for the previous articles, the Zeotrobe company being migrated into the Planeium tenant. However the tutorial itself can be viewed completely standalone as I do explain all the concepts of what we are doing.
I take you through all the configuration and preparation steps for the Teams migration showing every step along the way. The topics covered in the video are;
- Setup of the permissions needed on both the Source and Target tenant
- Creation of the User Account and Security group required for the MigrationWiz project
- Creation of the Migration Wiz project
- Autodiscovery of the source Teams and adding them into the project
- Renaming a destination Team
- Performing the various passes required for the scaffolding, permissions, data & membership
- Discuss and demonstrate the user mappings and differences in the UPN’s that can occur
- Using PowerShell to easily remap users as needed
- Showing the final workstation with the Teams data and what it looks like post migration
From this list you can see that the entire migration is covered end to end. Like always, I don’t edit out any issues or errors that pop up along the way. I prefer you to see them so you get a feel for how this migrations work in the Real World.
Please remember to subscribe to the channel. You can use this link to do that.
Thank you for watching, commenting, liking and subscribing. I hope this helps in choosing how best to migrate Microsoft 365.
Mark – The Cloud Geezer